Back in July, Annie from Simple, I Just Do nominated me for a Liebster Award. These awards are given to bloggers who have less than 200 subscribers. They’re nominated by a fellow blogger who feels their work deserves to be noticed.
There’s an assignment that goes along with being nominated, and I completed half of it with the promise to finish up the second half at some point in the future.
I’ve dawdled long enough, so here it goes.
– Thank the Liebster-winning Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog. (Check! Thanks Annie!)
– Post 11 interesting facts about yourself. (Check!)
– Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked. (Check!)
– Create 11 questions for your nominees.
– Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less which you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
– Display the Liebster Award logo.
11 Questions for the Nominees
1. Song you currently have on repeat in your head, on your iTunes, etc.?
2. Did you ever study/play a musical instrument? If so, which one(s)?
3. Dream trip/place(s) you would most like to visit?
4. Are you a stomach sleeper, back sleeper, side sleeper, or some other position sleeper?
5. Preferred form of exercise?
6. I found a gift idea on Pinterest that I considered to be very thoughtful. It’s a Vintage Dictionary Word Necklace. The designer takes a snippet of a word and its definition and mounts it on a pendant. It’s totally customizable. You can pick whatever word you’d like for your intended recipient. If you were buying this necklace for yourself, what word would you choose? Why? (If you’re a guy who isn’t into hypothetical necklaces, pretend it’s a watch or something manly.)
7. Temporarily suspend reality and assume that money, specialized degrees, and certifications weren’t a concern… If you could take up a new career, what would it be and why?
8. Life mantra? (If I had to pick one, it’d be, “Work hard and be polite to people.” I don’t always fulfill it, but I try.)
9. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
10. Favorite store to shop at?
11. Complete this sentence: “When I need to laugh I…”
Nominate 11 Bloggers (**Disclaimer: I’m a terrible blogger in that I always forget to respond to people’s comments, I don’t subscribe to a ton of blogs, and the ones I do subscribe to have thousands of followers. So I’ve made the executive decision to break this down into two parts. Part I: 6 blogs that may or may not have under 200 followers that I read on a somewhat regular basis. Part II: 5 blogs that definitely have over 200 followers but that I enjoy reading.)
Part II: These blogs have way more than 200 followers, but you should still check them out
Diary of a Mom (Jess Wilson is kind of a superstar in the autism community. It won’t take you long to figure out why.)
So Many Places (I don’t think I’d have the guts to sell everything and travel for an indefinite amount of time, but if I had a dollar for every time I wanted to go on a travel binge for 2-3 months…well, I could afford to do it.)
Stimeyland (3 boys. A couple ASD/sensory processing diagnoses. A sharp sense of humor. She is responsible for multiple, legit laugh out loud moments.)
The Bloggess (If you’re prim and proper and don’t like colorful language, DO NOT READ THIS BLOG. If you have an appreciation for an irreverent and dark sense of humor, YOU’RE WELCOME. Her book had me crying from laughter.)
Dog Bless You (Stories of veterans whose lives have been changed by a service dog. Because we all need that gooey, warm feeling every once in awhile.)